This unique event offers your band program the opportunity to experience performing in Dallas' landmark Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center; be adjudicated in a revolutionary new format that enhances the educational experience for your students; and receive a digital quality recording of your band in one of the finest recording environments available!
Meyerson Symphony Center - Dallas, Texas
Your Entry includes:
- 30 minute performance (including entry and exit) on the stage of the Meyerson Symphony Center.
- A DVD of your performance, with selectable commentary and performance tracks.
- Evaluation of each section by regular members of the Dallas Wind Symphony.
- Overall performance evaluation by James F. Keene, Director of Bands Emeritus, University of Illinois
- A professional photo of your band on the stage at the Meyerson Symphony Center.
- Each student receives a commemorative patch
- Caption judging in the following: Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion and Overall Musicality.
- Each caption will be scored separately by a member of the DWS and then combined with the overall musicality score to arrive at a final total.
- Sections and bands scoring the highest in their caption will receive awards.
Best in class for:
- Large School Woodwinds
- Large School Brass
- Large School Percussion
- Large School Windband
- Small School Woodwinds
- Small School Brass
- Small School Percussion
- Small School Windband
- Middle School Woodwinds
- Middle School Brass
- Middle School Percussion
- Middle School Windband
Outstanding soloists in:
(The best overall soloist will receive an invitation to perform as a section member of the DWS!)
Grand Champion award for the finest overall Windband!
$1,350 Entry Fee Per Ensemble (No per student pricing)